Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2011 4:23:22 PM EDT
I shot this guy!
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k499/clintjones88/IMG_1343.jpg

I had time before my first class this morning, so I decided to go do a little morning hunt. My family owns a ranch right out of College Station that I hunt on often. I didn't really expect to see much, as I've been shut out the past few times. I spotted him about 100 yards away by a little pond and I put the stalk on. I got within 40 yards and waited for him to present a good shot to me. He looked up and obviously saw me, so I took my shot. I put it right behind the shoulder twice as he ran away. He didn't make it more than 50 yards before he dropped! I can say, it was the best thursday I've had in awhile!! This is the first hog I've taken with my new eotech 517 and shooting the federal 62 gr fusion ammo. The eotech was the best purchase I've made in a long time and the federal ammo performed great!
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a pretty big hog,  good shooting
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thats a pretty big hog,  good shooting

+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice  Where is your ranch outside of college station?  I hunt about 10 miles south on the river a few miles from the race track.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the 62gr Federal Fusion bullets pass through?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I shot a big hog with them 3 times and none passed through. Two in the chest and the last one in the head from a few feet.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice Pig! I love my Eotech, it is great for pig hunting. We need to do another College Station get together for a beer again. I don't know if you have been to one we haven't had one in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I shot this guy!

I had time before my first class this morning, so I decided to go do a little morning hunt. My family owns a ranch right out of College Station that I hunt on often. I didn't really expect to see much, as I've been shut out the past few times. I spotted him about 100 yards away by a little pond and I put the stalk on. I got within 40 yards and waited for him to present a good shot to me. He looked up and obviously saw me, so I took my shot. I put it right behind the shoulder twice as he ran away. He didn't make it more than 50 yards before he dropped! I can say, it was the best thursday I've had in awhile!! This is the first hog I've taken with my new eotech 517 and shooting the federal 62 gr fusion ammo. The eotech was the best purchase I've made in a long time and the federal ammo performed great!

how soon before you take a bite?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice, congrat's on your kill.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
The place I hunt is north of College Station in Robertson County. It's not really right outside of College Station, just close enough for me to go pretty much any day of the week with my class schedule. Pigs are everywhere up there and all they do is tear the land up and take the fences down.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It did not on this pig. It might on a smaller one, though. I plan on going hunting this week, so we'll see what happens!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice Pig! I love my Eotech, it is great for pig hunting. We need to do another College Station get together for a beer again. I don't know if you have been to one we haven't had one in a long time.

Man, tell me about it! I've enjoyed shooting with it on! I'm ready to get into a big group of pigs and see what I can do with it! No, I haven't been to a CS get together, but next time yall have one let me know, I'd like to come!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I shot this guy!

how soon before you take a bite?

I plan on cooking some pig this week along with the fish some friends and I caught over the weekend!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Excellent!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top