Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 3:46:26 PM EDT
Are the any places to hunt Hogs in Kentucky?

TVRGUY
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in the Somerset area and would love a place to plug a few piggies!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Check with your DNR folks.

I have heard reports that there are now some hogs in the Eastern part of the state (WMAs, State Forest, etc.....).

I know there are some hogs along the TN border around Albany, and Pine Knot, KY.

Not sure if they have migrated across the State Line yet, but see no reason they couldn't have.

There have also been reports on Ft. Campbell, KY. Not sure about Ft. Knox as it is a little farther North.

I was stationed there for over 11 years, and I never saw any.

But there were always reports, and it is legal to kill them while deer hunting. So I guess they must have them.

With the way the things reproduce, it is understandable how there could be some if not now, atleast in the next couple of years. Look at Texas.

Here in TN, they are starting to become an issue just South of Nashville, and East of Nashville, so shouldn't be to long until over population forces them to seek "New" areas, migrating a little further North.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
call these people, I dont know anything about them but they were advertising Wild Boar hunts in KY at the Knob Creek MachineGun shoot
I've been wanting to call them to see whats up so post and let us know what they say.

859-983-7861
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#4]

I know that Big South Fork Recreational Area has a hog hunt in January. Give the headquarters office a call and they should be able to fill you in on the details. Just remember that that is some pretty rough country with very little vehicle (or ATV) access.

As an earlier poster stated we are starting to have problems with hogs in Middle Tennessee just south of Nashville. I live 30 minutes east of Nashville and have not seen any on the properties I hunt yet. GIve them a couple years and they will be at the Tennessee/Kentucky line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top