Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2013 7:17:57 PM EDT
It was perfect weather this morning for birds, 28 degrees with a 5mph wind and sunny. Unfortunately I could only hunt for a couple of hours.
The birds were running in front of us for about a half mile or so. I sent my dog to loop around in front and come back towards me. We met in the middle and jumped a covey of about 8 birds, 3 were roosters, I got 2 of them.
It sucks I gotta go to work but, not a bad start to the year....

Definitely not the best hunting pic I've taken.

Here's a close up of the birds. A lot of good color. but not the biggest i've ever seen...

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice shooting! What shotgun are you using? Wish I lived out that way, I have to pay to shoot pheasant here in Michigan.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.

Shotgun is an old Savage.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Good start!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top