Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 9:49:45 AM EDT
Hey all. I recently started building my first duck boat, I have been looking all over the web to find ideas and pictures of others doing the same thing. I found some decent ideas but I was curious to see if anyone here is willing to post pictures of their boat or any pictures they have of the building process? I am looking for pictures of any type of boat you have built, big or small.  Thanks for any pictures and ideas.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing your tallking about a layout boat?

I had a buddy that is really good with fiberglass make a couple of these last year for me & a few friends, we wore the ducks out in them last season.
I've also got a 15x48 Legend Craft with a Mudbuddy 4000s that is pretty fun down here in the swamps :-)

I've since camoed & grassed in the boat but you get the idea. This was us just testing to make sure it was water tight.
I'll see if I can find some more pics of it now.

In action
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!! That is some great fiberglass work!! Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a .pdf sonewhere I can email you.
I havent built this boat yet, but plan to.

ETA: Hybrid Boat
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, that boat is sweet!! That is what I am going for. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'vebeen thinking about building a hybrid. As it stands now I just catch a ride with a buddy in his Pro-Drive, but that cuts my hunting down to one day a week when our days off meet together. I'm too poor(cheap?) to buy my own real mud boat

Any of you use a long tail? Obviously small hp on either one. But was wondering what sort of speed and more importantly, how safe one would be with say a 6.5 or even 10hp long tail. Everywhere I hunt is nasty muddy so using water cooled is pretty much out the window.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Took this yesterday...work in progress. I will try to post more throughout the process.

Link Posted: 8/16/2013 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great so far! very promising. Keep the pics coming. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Got the basic blind put in place and it seamed together with fiberglass tape and epoxy for support. Tossed em in the drink for a test run.

It managed to hold my friend that weighs 40 lbs more than me and the sides weren't even done!
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 4:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Sides done and ready for glassing!

ETA: Once this is done I will probably put together a pic heavy compilation of the process somewhere on the forum.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 9:05:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice work & I like the looks of that area, very ducky!
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 5:20:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Finished glassing them today...

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 2:32:04 AM EDT
[#12]
About time for an update...only a few weeks til the WI season.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About time for an update...only a few weeks til the WI season.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/anthonyarndt/2013-09-04_23-51-48_708_zps4bd2b40d.jpg
View Quote

that turned out great!
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#14]
WWW.duckboats.net

WWW.duckhuntingchat.com

Both have great sections on building your own craft.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 2:53:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Got em painted and the blind framework done

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Fuck.

I hate you people.

Nw I need to build a fucking boat!
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

That is awesome!

I see you built motor mounts too... do you use a trolling motor? Where do you put the battery if you do?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is awesome!

I see you built motor mounts too... do you use a trolling motor? Where do you put the battery if you do?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is awesome!

It actually is a mount for an oar...to which a small mud motor will be attached. I have been experimenting with weed wackers with a trolling motor prop. Hasn't been going too well though...looks like I will make a pair of 6.5 HP motors next year, and stick to a kayak paddle this year.  

I have a little interior work to do yet, but there is room for a marine battery and 1 gal gas tank behind the "chair"
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#19]

GRASS!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It actually is a mount for an oar...to which a small mud motor will be attached. I have been experimenting with weed wackers with a trolling motor prop. Hasn't been going too well though...looks like I will make a pair of 6.5 HP motors next year, and stick to a kayak paddle this year.  

I have a little interior work to do yet, but there is room for a marine battery and 1 gal gas tank behind the "chair"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome!

Too bad "Cruise & Carry" motors aren't made any more. I've got one, it weighs 12lbs, 1.5 HP, air-cooled, on-board 1/4 gallon gas tank. It pushes my 10' jon boat at about 15mph (empty). I got it for free, it was at a garage sale, but it didn't run.  We tried for 30 mins to get it started... woman finally said, "you want it, it's yours". Spark ignitor was bad... a buddy of mine repairs these things, he gave me a used one (again free) and it runs great. I'll get a pic and post it.   (he said it's basically the same 2-stroke motor as an Echo chainsaw).

Link Posted: 9/18/2013 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks great!! Thanks for all the pictures!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top