Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 8:14:16 PM EDT
The mosquito situation on our property seems to get worse and worse each year given some of the additional flooding and standing water we're seeing.   The regular OFF sportsman, hunter, and just about any other version don't seem to cut it and I'm still getting absolutely eaten alive squirrel hunting / deer scouting right now.   The woods is pretty think and holds moisture well.  Anyone have something they like and recommend?  I know nothing is 100% fool proof, but wondering if I need to step up the game into some higher end stuff that is 100% DEET.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Bens
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bens
View Quote
Thanks...that was one I was looking at.  Seems to have decent reviews.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Even in the deepest, thickest skeeter infested swamps of Florida, the thermacell gets the job done. I use two at a time... sometimes three. Zero skeeter problems.

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Even in the deepest, thickest skeeter infested swamps of Florida, the thermacell gets the job done. I use two at a time... sometimes three. Zero skeeter problems.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/922/euN9He.jpg
View Quote
That looks like a pretty serious piece of kit right there!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That looks like a pretty serious piece of kit right there!
View Quote
VERY popular here in the south because they work. Won't emit odors that scare or alert deer or hogs. I won't hit the woods w/o a couple. We also issue them to SWAT snipers and many road guys are quick to acquire one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

VERY popular here in the south because they work. Won't emit odors that scare or alert deer or hogs. I won't hit the woods w/o a couple. We also issue them to SWAT snipers and many road guys are quick to acquire one.
View Quote
I'll have to look into one...thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a thermacell as well, but it seems to work best with very little wind or in a box blind....

I also spray my clothes with diluted permethrin.  You can get the concentrate at tractor supply and dilute it down with water, soak your clothes with it and let them dry.  Some say it lasts several washes, but I re-treat after the second wash.  It keeps fleas, ticks, and chiggers away as well.  I wouldn't advise putting it on your drawers, socks, or free ballin in treated pants.  YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top