Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 12:51:22 PM EDT
Well the great commonwealth of Ky has decided to let us shoot Coyotes at night in the spring from Feb 1 to May 31. We can only use shotguns and are allowed to use spotlights or night vision. Some of you guys that can already do this can ya'll give me some tips? I hunt them in the winter, during the day right now. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a red or green lens on your light and do not shine the main part of the beam on them directly. You keep the light on continuosly very slowly scanning until you see the reflection of eyes and then have the light just over the top of the critter so you have the lower part of the beam on him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 3:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, what he said, night hunting is a blast, here in mi its shotgun and rim fire only at night, no buck shot, I've had good luck hunting frozen lakes at night, they seen to Like to follow the shore line coming into the call. I use night vision, but have another guy with me that runs a red light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top