Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2017 8:54:39 PM EDT
For me it's a whopping 2. Have any of you guys racked up a ridiculous number in one season?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]
2 also.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My record year was 7 total.
4 personal tags, 2 red tags for the farmer, and 1 with the F350.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
With a gun or a vehicle?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Five one year, all bow
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Somewhere just below 1.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Filled my doe tag and buck tag, two years in a row.
I figure I'm doing a service. Those deer HAVE TO BE too stupid to live if they'll come anywhere near me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Five one year, all bow
View Quote
Awesome!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Three. Two in WA and one in ID
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
5.  Two with rifle/handgun, two with bow, one with blackpowder rifle, several years, but not consecutive years.  I always kept the chest freezer full, gave a little of it away, but that's almost the only red meat my kids grew up on.

One year my son's friend asked how many deer I'd killed.  My son said 4 or 5, his friend said 1 or 2 for his dad.  His friend meant his dad's lifetime total, my son said "no, I meant 4 or 5 this year."
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Only 2
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]
26 does one summer hunting on crop damage permits
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
6. We could take 5 on the regular license but you could apply and get extra doe tags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#14]
One

Because that's all Nebraska, where l grew up,  and Colorado allow in a season.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:01:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I killed 5 one winter in Montana.I had a couple more tags I could have filled but just didn't want to mess with skinning/butchering
any more deer.

One winter ,when depredation tags were plentiful,4 of us hunting killed 17 deer in one day.All whitetails and all does.I gave all mine to a guy with a LARGE family.(10 kids)
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe 10 in one year counting farm permit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Cull hunt on game ranch with a stack of tags. Whole box of 22 hornet. Kept 2, the rest went to food pantry
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:14:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not telling you Mr game warden. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One

View Quote
I took two in SE Colorado last year. Both leftover archery doe tags. Caught one in my side field, and the other down by the river. I've got two more tags ready to roll for this year's 3 white tail seasons and permission from a land owner to hunt his little slice of the Arkansas River Valley.

You can get up to two tags through the draw and leftovers. C tags are unlimited.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I took two in SE Colorado last year. Both leftover archery doe tags. Caught one in my side field, and the other down by the river. I've got two more tags ready to roll for this year's 3 white tail seasons and permission from a land owner to hunt his little slice of the Arkansas River Valley.

You can get up to two tags through the draw and leftovers. C tags are unlimited.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One

After l hit the Submit button it occurred to me that one could get a couple tags through various means.  It's just that l don't archery hunt and drew my first deer tag in several years for third season rifle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, right?
The irony was I hit the fucker 100 yard from the driveway to the barn while coming back from my stand with 3 dead ones in the bed...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:23:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

After l hit the Submit button it occurred to me that one could get a couple tags through various means.  It's just that l don't archery hunt and drew my first deer tag in several years for third season rifle.
View Quote
I haven't drawn a tag yet. I just put them in to points and go with OTC and leftovers. I've spent the past 2 days chasing pronghorn. Got ghosted by a small bachelor herd today. I was downwind and fully concealed by a ridgeline. Pretty sure a couple of big ass crows sitting in the only tree for 1,000 yards blew my cover.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#23]
3 I stop after that
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I average 3-5, my dad has gotten upwards of 20 with permits.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Including culls and herd management?

30-40

Total for the crew? Dunno, over 100.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Killed three in a one week shotgun season.

It was one of those years that deer were just running at me the whole time.  Could have killed a few more, but I ran out of land owner tags.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For me it's a whopping 2. Have any of you guys racked up a ridiculous number in one season?
View Quote

2 as well.  Here in PA you get one buck tag and if your on top of things you can normally get 3 or 4 doe tags.  But I really don't need more than 2 for feeding the family and helping to feed my kids and I 's jerkey addiction.  Also there just aren't that many around me and I don't want to shoot 10 then complain the next season that there are not any deer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

2 as well.  Here in PA you get one buck tag and if your on top of things you can normally get 3 or 4 doe tags.  But I really don't need more than 2 for feeding the family and helping to feed my kids and I 's jerkey addiction.  Also there just aren't that many around me and I don't want to shoot 10 then complain the next season that there are not any deer.
View Quote
Which WMU?
The hunting pressure near me in 5c is pretty low. Don't think I could kill enough to put even a dent in the local herds. Same deal in 3c where I do 80% of my hunting. Lots of deer, not much pressure. Probably about 1/2-1/3 the number of orange vests in the woods compared to 10 or 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Only get 1 tag here in Idaho, unless you draw an extra doe tag or want to buy an out-of-state tag for your 2nd.  Up north I have only drawn the extra doe tag once, so 2.  I wish we could shoot more though.  One of my ex-girlfriends comes from a farming family up north and her brother shoots dozens of them every year, keeps the back strap and gives away everything else, they have some kind of land owner or depredation hunts all the time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Wisconsin muzzleloader hunt with my dad, uncle, and grandpa back when I was in high school I think we shot 27 or 28 in 2 days in some intensive harvest zone by my uncle's place.  Could have bought more tags but it got boring.

Deer drive on a cornfield with our MN family/friends hunting party, I filled 8 doe tags in 20 minutes with my shotgun posting on the end of the cornfield.  got a fox too.   I think our best year in the hayday of MN gun season we went 24/24 as a hunting party in 2 days; mostly does, but 3 or 4 140"-160" bucks as well.  

Here in SD I draw 1 any deer tag every other year, and usually fill one muzzleloader doe tag.  I do too much waterfowl hunting to worry about deer hunting anymore.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#31]
100 does.  My record was 12 does in two hours.  I did it my first year I was managing a ranch.  The ranch owners did not want to help with the state recommended harvest on does they just wanted to shoot bucks.  So the doe culling was up to me, it helps that in Texas with the MLDP season you can hunt from around October 1st until the last day in February.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#32]
5, one of which was with a damage tag.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#33]
zero
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#34]
5, 2 bucks 3 does, I tagged out last season. Normally, I usually take 3 or 4, but I bought a new freezer last year and decided to stock up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:33:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#37]
3 in one season. One with a bow, muzzleloader and rifle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I killed 6 a few years ago. 4 bow kills and two rifle.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#39]

One with a bow, two with a rifle.

Hoping to have another 3 deer year this year.  Would prefer all 3 with a bow this year.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#40]
3, with my 7mm-08 Savage 10, within the first 2 hours of season.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Seven or eight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
100 does.  My record was 12 does in two hours.  I did it my first year I was managing a ranch.  The ranch owners did not want to help with the state recommended harvest on does they just wanted to shoot bucks.  So the doe culling was up to me, it helps that in Texas with the MLDP season you can hunt from around October 1st until the last day in February.
View Quote
I actually got really tired of shooting deer.  A big igloo ice chest filled with nothing but backstraps is a sight to behold, though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Three.  Two.  Buck and doe during bow and a buck during gun.

Considering you get one buck tag per season(gun and bow) and no doe tag where I spend most of my time hunting it wasn't a bad year at all.  Got the buck early on and decided to grab a doe tag in one of the (MUCH) higher population counties.

Went up to our area for gun and saw two bucks.  Dropped the hammer on one and had a bad primer(first time that's ever happened to me).  Couldn't get another round in the chamber in time.  Was pretty pissed off about that till two hours later when a nicer buck walked 7 yards in front of me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's wild, that's more than I'm ever gonna shoot. OR is 1 per year.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I actually got really tired of shooting deer.  A big igloo ice chest filled with nothing but backstraps is a sight to behold, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It did reach a point were I was tired shooting them.  I kept somewhere around 15 does for meat so I never had that much backstrap at one time.  I would call the local feedstore and tell them to call around and find a home for x many deer.  In that poor little town it didn't take long for me to get rid of the rest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It did reach a point were I was tired shooting them.  I kept somewhere around 15 does for meat so I never had that much backstrap at one time.  I would call the local feedstore and tell them to call around and find a home for x many deer.  In that poor little town it didn't take long for me to get rid of the rest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We saved as much as we could, but it was already getting hot, and it was over an hour to get to town.  A lot of meat ended up in the bone pit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We saved as much as we could, but it was already getting hot, and it was over an hour to get to town.  A lot of meat ended up in the bone pit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was 15 minutes to Freer.  I also had a walk in cooler with a rail system for short term storage that I used.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was 15 minutes to Freer.  I also had a walk in cooler with a rail system for short term storage that I used.
View Quote
I always liked Freer.  They might be the only team my HS football team ever beat.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Two as well. WMA's here in Florida make for some hard but rewarding hunting.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ot the buck early on and decided to grab a doe tag in one of the (MUCH) higher population counties.
View Quote
Your guys' deer densities are as screwed up as MN's.  5 deer in one county and 5 million next county over.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top