Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 6:12:56 PM EDT
For several seasons, around 20 deer or so, I've used Barnes 150 TTSX bullets in my .308.  It is the time of year (snowed in) when I get some reloading done for deer season next fall so I was looking at the other lead free offerings.  
Hornady GMX
Nosler E-Tip

Anyone have any experience with the bullets from Hornady and Nosler?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
1 brachial plexus shot with Winchester .223 64 gr power core hp (all copper similar to Barnes). Had to track him the 5 feet he slid down hill.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Why fix what isn't broken? I use Barnes TSX in 5.56 and have considered changing but then I thought why when they work so well?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why fix what isn't broken? I use Barnes TSX in 5.56 and have considered changing but then I thought why when they work so well?
View Quote

Fair enough.  I was looking at various reloading things I need and thought I'd get a box of the GMX and E-Tips.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
No idea!  can't hunt with my AR.  I don't have any magazines that small.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For several seasons, around 20 deer or so, I've used Barnes 150 TTSX bullets in my .308.  It is the time of year (snowed in) when I get some reloading done for deer season next fall so I was looking at the other lead free offerings.  
Hornady GMX
Nosler E-Tip

Anyone have any experience with the bullets from Hornady and Nosler?
View Quote

Etip and Gmx are gliding metal, not copper.  they are harder than the all copper tsx and ttsx.  Because they are harder they don't open up as well at lower speeds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top