Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2014 10:46:23 AM EDT
i bought some land last year, and am slowly improving it. most of you guys would love it, its 123 acres of  remote rugged ass ups and downs,  with around 10 acres that are flat enough to build on, farm etc. located at the end of a gravel road, my nearest neighbor is over a full mile away its all timber, and i have cleaned out 3 acres last year, and have planted clover, and will be putting in fruit trees next year.

anyway... i have not spotted a deer yet, even though there are lots of tracks. i bought a Moultrie 990i deer camera. i really love using this thing, its a lot like fishing, as you never know if you will catch anything, or what you might catch. i placed it a little messed up, ( too high), and the deer didnt follow the trail. i got it though ! !

actually.... the deer WAS on the trail in the first pic..... but it looks like it walked right up to look at the camera. lol

camera

deer..    ( the camera had the rising sun blinding it, thats why the pics are washed out)

pic without the sun in it.

i relocated the camera to some salt blocks, and set it up better, im hoping for some pics soon.

this area has some pretty big deer. ( butler county, ky. )

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep us updated!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, and good choice for the camera.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah game cameras the ultimate f u when you are trying to hunt for a big dear. I had pictures of a huge buck this past year easily 5" in past ears and I waited and waited for him. Its fun to see what shows up though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL

She's looking at the "new furniture" in her living room in the 3rd pic and is like "WTF?"
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait until you get the first big buck pic.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Very cool country there and it's great that you got some pics.

If you point your camera North whenever possible, you don't get the rising or setting sun washout & if you mount it just a couple of feet higher & point it at a slight down angle it helps with the dew a bit, too, without giving up much in range.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Not to thread poach.  I too have a new camera (Moultrie A5) and the first living thing it captured was this (look closely above the 1 in "Camera 1"):

WFT?!?!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:00:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not to thread poach.  I too have a new camera (Moultrie A5) and the first living thing it captured was this (look closely above the 1 in "Camera 1"):

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/clout04/MFDC0256_zpsbefba0a0.jpg

WFT?!?!
View Quote
Let me add another WTF?!?!

ETA: OP nice set up.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WFT?!?!

If that person doesn't have permission to be on your property, your first pic caught a trespasser.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If that person doesn't have permission to be on your property, your first pic caught a trespasser.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WFT?!?!

Pretty much.  However, if you wanted to get technical...it was hunting season and my land is not posted.  Who hunts with a clipboard?  I don't know, but I'm just hoping it's not a reoccurring theme.  That's about 10 feet away from my potential tree stand location.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top