Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2012 12:03:44 PM EDT
I like the principles of this company, how do they stack up to the hype.

I plan on using their 100gr vipers on a xbow this season.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I can say they fly great in just about all combinations we tried them in.
But I haven't used them hunting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot three deer with them....all with really poor penetration.  Arrow would only go in a couple of inches past the broadheads.   Could be unlucky hits...they fly really well and I had them hitting where field tips hit.  But I've lost confidence in them.  I was using the 100 grain out of my Mathews drenalin at 60 lbs. All three had almost no blood trail. I'm trying rage this year. We'll see what happens.   When I shot my targets, the slick tricks only went in about 4 inches. When I switched to rage, they buried to the fletchings. We'll see how they do on a deer. I am using gold tip xt hunter arrows.
Link Posted: 8/3/2012 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I shoot a 60# bow that is paper tuned and then tweaked (if needed, usually not) so that broadheads have the same POI as field points.
Slick Tricks do fly good for me.
I've killed three deer with them, one with the standard and two with the Grizz.
Penetration was not an issue, the standard blew completely through.
One of the deer hit with a Grizz was quartering toward me (not the best shot I KNOW and I usually pass, but he was 10 yards away at ground level); entry was tight behind the shoulder & the arrow went through his body at an an angle that resulted in the broadhead being stuck in his rear leg bone.
The other Grizz Trick was a broadside doe (also close range ground level) arrow / broadhead stopped by far side shoulder; the deer dropped when hit as if struck in the spine.
The Grizz Trick made sick holes that would make most of the mechanical heads I've used jealous.
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
fantastic info thanks guys looks like the hype is sincere
Link Posted: 8/4/2012 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SpiritHorse, that's really bizarre. When I shot Rage broadheads, I shot 9 deer and 2 coyotes –– all in the ribcage –– and only got one pass-through shot. All six of the deer I shot with Slick Tricks last season had arrows that penetrated both sides of their body cavities. And that's with a 52# draw weight.

I really want to like them!  What arrows are you using?  I was shooting goldtip 5575s with the small vanes.  I've used the exact same setup with crimson talons and have gotten complete pass through on a doe and a hog.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been losing using Slick Trick 100grn broadheads for the past 2 years.  Since I can't accurately range I have yet to make a hit on a deer but the POI on practice targets was almost identical to the 100grn fieldpoints.

Link Posted: 8/5/2012 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/12/2012 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/13/2012 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Great broadheads!
Link Posted: 9/19/2012 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I have only taken one deer with the standards, but it was a complete pass through. I will buy more when the time comes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2012 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I've shot dozens of deer and hogs (and a few elk) with them and they remain my got to head.  I've almost always head pass throughs (the only exception is when I've hit the opposition shoulder).  I shoot 60lb bows and 390g arrows.  I think I've only had one deer not have a slicktrick exit––this was a 300lb  Muley shot at 55yds quartering away).  There is not another fixed head out there I like more.  With well tuned equipment, they almost always shoot with field points, and accuracy out to 60yds is excellent.  Blood trails are excellent although most well hit animals fall in sight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Tired them they fly great shot 2 deer with them with minimal penatration both shot broadside and the arrow didnt pass through, found both deer but wasnt impressed with the performance went back to the steel force 4 blades those things kill in feet not yards! Liver shot dead, heart shot dead, spine shot dead!! They really work and are tough as hell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top