Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2011 9:39:43 AM EDT
So I just got this land 2 weeks ago, no feeders, nothing, just empty land.  I put a few game cameras up on the trails just to see what was wondering around.  I saw this buck, he looks nice.  Anyone have any idea how old he is, or what his B&C score is?  I'm really more of a hog hunter, I dont get into deer too often.

Some of these look like the same deer to me.  Can anyone guess how many bucks total there are out of these pictures?

More of the critters can be found here.
http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i391/andrewquant/Game%20Cam%20Pics/
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#1]
That first one looks to be 3.5 years old to me. Some better pics from the side would be nice. You have some nice deer out there. It looks like you have at least two different bucks in these pics possibly three.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the first and fifth ones are the same deer; probably a 3-1/2 year old, as clharr suggests.
The others are probably 1-1/2 year old teenyboppers.

None of them will score 115 ...but they have the potential if you let them go a few more years.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Shoot one of those polled limousines, they'll eat better.

TRG
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the first and fifth ones are the same deer; probably a 3-1/2 year old, as clharr suggests.
The others are probably 1-1/2 year old teenyboppers.

None of them will score 115 ...but they have the potential if you let them go a few more years.

I would venture to say they are all atleast 2.5.

If they are in an area with good/great genetics, the antlers could easily be that size or bigger at 1-1/2, but if not then you're probably right.

And the body size of Texas deer always throws me for a loop; and I understand they've had a rough year with the recent drought, as well.

So yeah, you may very well be right about their ages.

Either way, they need a few more years IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
That deer is a 2.5 or 3.5yo deer at the most. He might score 120 if you're lucky. Start feeding heavy next year and add some protein and he has potential. The smaller deer is much younger and I think will be bigger. I'd let them both walk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top