Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2022 12:13:13 PM EDT
NOT A FOR SALE ADD

I've got some gear I need to sell for a SK's family. I did a little research last night (ok, way early this AM) but I'm not all that confident in the numbers. Are there any telltales in these I should check for added accessories or upgrades?

Are these in the right ballpark?
So far, nothing has matching power cables.
FT-900 w/ broken mic - $500
FT-857 w box and At100 - $500
ID-880h - $200
IC-2100h w/ broken mic - $100
Motorola gp380, dont think I have a charger - ??
Motorola XTN Series w/ charger - ??
Icom ID 31a - ??

Nothing is in wonderful shape, haven't tested for function yet. There are more items to go through - some beatup HTs, homebrew dipoles, etc., so I'll be posting more questions in the next week or two.

I'm starting to understand some of the folks with a trunk of Misc Gear at the local ham meetups... :-/
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
At least the 857 you need to add a couple hundred to it if the screen is good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It can be a bit annoying with fees and whatnot but your best bet is to just list everything on eBay and let the buyers decide how much they want to pay for it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can be a bit annoying with fees and whatnot but your best bet is to just list everything on eBay and let the buyers decide how much they want to pay for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That would work. I'm not a fan of selling expensive things on ebay - I've heard too many scam stories the past few years.  If possible, I want to stay local and/or use QRZ or a similar ham resource, but I don't think they like bid requests.

Quoted:
At least the 857 you need to add a couple hundred to it if the screen is good.
For a non-D?
What if the radio and tuner are separated out?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts too. Many hams are looking for one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I am trying to help with a similar process here for a the wife of an arfcom SK - its a bit of a challenge to find accurate prices, and try and find the best place to sell. The boxing and shipping I am sure will also be a challenge to figure out.

Most of the equipment is in great shape and high quality.

Ultimately I will give advice and she can make her choice. The good news is she is interested in where things go - so some of it may be listed here for less than elsewhere - or to help a new ham get started locally before it gets sent to ebay/ QRZ.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top