Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2016 12:58:13 PM EDT

IC-7300
Heil ICM (black)
G5RV-MAX-E

and a cheap ebay mic tower.

I think I may buy the RT systems SW also.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff.  You are going to have some fun.   Hope porch pirates dont strike...  Knock on wood..    

Really like the radio...  

Prosise
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a nice ass rig...
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!

Congrats!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope porch pirates dont strike...  Knock on wood..    

Prosise
View Quote

Neighbors have been known to hold folks at gunpoint around these parts.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You're going to love that IC-7300.  I love mine!!

It's my first HF set but I have used other radios since getting mine - on my antenna also - and the 7300 has a VERY sensitive receiver.  Love the screen controls too.  I have certain settings saved for working JT-65 and such that are stored in their own config file on the SD card. I can easily switch back to them if the port setups get jacked by playing with some other digital mode.

There is just so much I like about the menu layouts on the radio.  I know it's my first but everything seems to make sense.

When you start playing with it, remember that many items on the screen (like filters) have a context menu by tap and hold.

I just wish there was a way (and there may be, just haven't had time to play with it much) to make a one button macro to reduce the transmitter to 10% for tuning then click it back up instead of three or four cranks on the knob each way.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been eyeballing three radios, the IC-7300, the FTDX-3000 and the TS-990S.
I would like to upgrade from my 32 year old Yaesu FT-1000D with a state of the art rig.

I like the real time screen on the 7300 and the layout on the 3000.

However, having spent some a lot of time in front of the 990s, I really like that radio and it's capabilities.
The receiver out performs my FT-1000D by a bunch, and it will do digital without an exterior interface.

I may be living in the garage for awhile---
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I was licensed in 2013.

Since then I have owned:

(1) Kenwood TS-130S - which I did not appreciate fully
(3) Yaesu FT-840s One of which never worked well and the other two I sold to new hams with the easy-digi adapters I made for them
(1) IC-7200 which I LOVED and only sold (to another local ARFCOM ham) to buy a...
(1) Kenwood TS-590SG which is an AWESOME radio I love to use
(1) HB-1A
(1) Drake TR-4C
(2) Pixies
(2) FT-857Ds, one in the car and one in the FO-time kit.

But I must have the SDR.

All the gear is here...but I must wrap the wife's presents tonight rather than playing with my toys.

The G5RV-MAX-E goes up in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Stimpy, your head is going to explode when you push the jolly, candy-like button on that 7300. It is so much better than any other knobified radio available. It's only downsides are non-adjustable TX passband and lack of contesting features. Get the RS-BA1 software for it. Can't wait to read your impressions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top