Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2016 5:18:58 PM EDT
I will be presenting at the BMHA forum for the third time in the last 6 years.  This year the topic will be the bike mobile mount for the KX3.  I know we have one or 2 other presentations.  Not sure yet exactly what ones were accepted.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
George, KJ6VU, from the show just found out he's got a slot-Portable Ops/Antennas...plus a little Fo'age in there too
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Update.  We will have 2 presentations.

Jeff Slattery: N8SUZ GOBA Communications Director

The Great Ohio Bicycle Adventure is the largest bicycle tour in the country with communications

support provided entirely by ham radio. Participants bike 50-60 miles per day during the third

week in June. Jeff Slattery, N8SUZ, has been GOBA Communications Director for 16 years. He

will provide an overview of how a new communications plan is developed for touring a different

area of Ohio each year along with a review of on-tour communications operations. GOBA will be

in southwest Ohio for 2016.

I will be speaking about my design project to mount the KX3 on the bike.  It is mounted and has been tested on 20 and 17 meters.  Tunes good on both bands.  Has only been used stationary yet.  Tomorrow will be the first trip with it.  Round trip will be about 40 miles.  Planning to monitor the HFpack frequency on 17 meters 18.1575 mhz.  Will be leaving home about 1430z if anyone wants to see if they hear anything.  Will probable be doing more listening than talking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
km, I really enjoyed taking a look at your bike mobile setup last year.  Thanks for taking the time to show it to me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
17 meters wasn't in the best shape but I did make one contact to California.  Was hearing signals but most were weak.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top