Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2015 4:31:03 PM EDT
The BB Iowa is on today on 20m, 14.329 right now but they've already moved a little once.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Supposed to be on tomorrow also.  I hope so as I might get a chance to hunt them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Supposed to be on tomorrow also.  I hope so as I might get a chance to hunt them tomorrow.
View Quote

I've got the Missouri, North Carolina and now the Iowa. I should be able to get the Texas as our local radio club usually does a field day on it each year.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that alert.  I just nailed them on the first call from here in Central Texas.  I'll have to get that card!

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
14.327 now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
18.143, too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets see over the years, USS New Jersey, USS North Carolina, USS Alabama, USS Texas, USS Wisconsin, USS Missouri, UUS Iowa, USS South Dakota - Uh I'm missing some I'll have to look in my logs.
If you all are REALLY into chasing ships the Museum Ships Weekend, which is June 4-5, 2016 is an absolute BLAST!

http://www.nj2bb.org/museum/
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lets see over the years, USS New Jersey, USS North Carolina, USS Alabama, USS Texas, USS Wisconsin, USS Missouri, UUS Iowa - Uh I'm missing some I'll have to look in my logs.
If you all are REALLY into chasing ships the Museum Ships Weekend, which is June 4-5, 2016 is an absolute BLAST!

View Quote

I was just looking at their web site and bookmarked it. That should be fun.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got my certificate in the mail today for contacting 15 ships in the Museum Ship Weekend for last June. Always a good time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I never knew about that Museum Ships Weekend before.  That sounds like a lot of fun.  I have always liked QSL cards with ships on them.  That's definitely on my calendar for this year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets see over the years, USS New Jersey, USS North Carolina, USS Alabama, USS Texas, USS Wisconsin, USS Missouri, UUS Iowa - Uh I'm missing some I'll have to look in my logs.

I worked some contacts on that ship in the radio room.  
2014 NJ2BB trip
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Howdy!
I worked the USS Iowa a few weeks back……
One of my “bucket list” items….is to visit as many of the Museum Ships as I can.  I have been fortunate to visit many of the ships…….including the USS Missouri (both in Bremerton and Hawaii), the U-505 in Chicago, the U-534 in Merseyside UK, and the HMCS Sackville (the only surviving Flower class Corvette) in Halifax, and others.  

This past year, I worked the Museum Ship weekend, by supporting the crew of the 31 foot, Viet Nam era, River Patrol Boat located at the Museum of the American GI, in College Station, Tx.  The PBR is a fully restored, Patrol Boat River (PBR) / call sign W5PBR.  Check out their page on QRZ / the museum also houses artillery, armor, and other items.
I have also worked traffic from the USS Texas, BB-35.  They have an active club also…….NA5DV.  

In Texas.....several clubs support the many Museum Ships........David0858 have fun!!!!
TexasAg
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Howdy!
I worked the USS Iowa a few weeks back……
One of my “bucket list” items….is to visit as many of the Museum Ships as I can.  I have been fortunate to visit many of the ships…….including the USS Missouri (both in Bremerton and Hawaii), the U-505 in Chicago, the U-534 in Merseyside UK, and the HMCS Sackville (the only surviving Flower class Corvette) in Halifax, and others.  

This past year, I worked the Museum Ship weekend, by supporting the crew of the 31 foot, Viet Nam era, River Patrol Boat located at the Museum of the American GI, in College Station, Tx.  The PBR is a fully restored, Patrol Boat River (PBR) / call sign W5PBR.  Check out their page on QRZ / the museum also houses artillery, armor, and other items.
I have also worked traffic from the USS Texas, BB-35.  They have an active club also…….NA5DV.  

In Texas.....several clubs support the many Museum Ships........David0858 have fun!!!!
TexasAg
View Quote

I've been meaning to stop by the GI museum since they opened but I haven't made it yet.

By any chance do you live in B/CS?
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#13]
As long as you're chasing battleships, you might as well try for the Maritime Radio Historical Society, K6KPH.
This should be an easy one. They can often be found on 14.050 on weekend afternoons. They also have several events during the year, including the "Night of Nights".
If you want to hear a well handled "bug", this is the place to go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top