Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2015 8:25:55 PM EDT
Yes, I realize we have an EE, but ham stuff gets lost in the weeds and noise.  With Ham, you are allowed to sell personal stuff on the air if it is not "retail".

Mods, can we have a tacked thread that runs as a running log of posts with ONLY ham stuff for sale?
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had really great sucess buying and selling ham gear on ARFCOM

we tried a few years ago to get a ham radio section on EE but it never happened

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I would participate.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
We try every so often and it falls on deaf ears
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It would be nice to have. Hell, I would probably use it. I just dont trust the EE.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#6]
YES.....mods need to make this happen.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Mods?

- ONLY HAM-related stuff (Receivers, transceivers, HAM books, etc.
- Reply in-line if interested in something.
- Transaction handled over IM.
- Original FORS SALE ad left in place for reference.  Just line it out when sold.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I never know what electronics section to look in. At least tag one of the electronics sections with ham radio
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
How about a variation.
Forum members who participate in the ham section can have their "items for sale" STICKIED at the top of the page, like the home town forums do with sellers from the home state area?
Make sense?
Just a thought.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How about a variation.
Forum members who participate in the ham section can have their "items for sale" STICKIED at the top of the page, like the home town forums do with sellers from the home state area?
Make sense?
Just a thought.....
View Quote

That seems like a good compromise. Or at least a decision as to where we put our ham gear in the EE.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I only ever look under Electronics - Misc.

Quoted:

That seems like a good compromise. Or at least a decision as to where we put our ham gear in the EE.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about a variation.
Make sense?
Just a thought.....

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
How about a variation.
Make sense?
Just a thought.....

That's where I put mine, but sometimes I've seen things in the survival forums.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, a tacked thread would be nice.
It seems like it would be easy to do also, although I am not a mod and have no idea what all is involved.

I would like to sell almost every piece of ham equipment I own. But I am too lazy to try it. A good quarter of my basement is full of ham gear.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#15]

For an easy start to that process, just post pics of the gear (assuming it isn't in boxes).
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Message the Mods, it's easier than waiting for them to stumble into the thread
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It seems like it would be easy to do also, although I am not a mod and have no idea what all is involved.

I would like to sell almost every piece of ham equipment I own. But I am too lazy to try it. A good quarter of my basement is full of ham gear.
View Quote

I'm planning to come through Ohio on my way to Michigan.  I can stop by with my Ford Excursion and help you with that problem.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm planning to come through Ohio on my way to Michigan.  I can stop by with my Ford Excursion and help you with that problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you got the money......I am sure we can work something out.
You sound like someone who wants a great big giant amplifier (physical size, not power). I have a Collins 30S-1 and a Henry 2k-4 sitting here taking up all kinds of room.
The only three things I want are my Flex 6700, my Expert Amp, and my KX3. Although I probably can't bring myself to sell my 817 even though I never use it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Dibs on the 817
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Where on the EE would one go to look for ham gear?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Where on the EE would one go to look for ham gear?
View Quote

miscellaneous electronics

I've bought & sold some good ham deals there
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You sound like someone who wants a great big giant amplifier (physical size, not power). I have a Collins 30S-1 and a Henry 2k-4 sitting here taking up all kinds of room.
The only three things I want are my Flex 6700, my Expert Amp, and my KX3. Although I probably can't bring myself to sell my 817 even though I never use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can help with the fact that your basement is full, not that your wallet is empty. :)
Besides, I'm one of those no-code/solid state hams that are ruining the hobby.  
While the Collins or the Henry would have looked nice next to my old PDP-11/35
I've turned over a new leaf and have promised my bride of 5 years to avoid boat anchors.  No matter how much I like glowing tubes and blinking lights.

Now the 817... That might be a good trade for helping you get some boat anchors out of the basement....
More seriously, I am on the prowl for a 2M or dual band mobile equipment.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here.

Maybe give it a bump?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#24]
GrinningWolf: I have an FT8800, a Kenwood TMV71. I also have an Icom 2 meter monoband rig IC-V8000
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#25]
ISO:

440mhz (70cm) Single Band Mobile (prefer Kenwood)

SCW
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Kenwood TMV71 interested.  PM me.  Was heading to our ham fest on the 14th to look for a good deal on one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top