Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 8:10:42 AM EDT
Anyone have an S9v18 and try using it portable? CheapHam has them on sale for $35 each or a two pack for $65.
I'm guessing that I would be better off sticking with my LNR EndFed as far as bang-for-the-buck goes, but thought I'd ask...the price seems good and people have had good things to say about it's bigger brothers. For 20 and up I would imagine you could get some decent performance even with just a few radials.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Seriously considering picking up a couple of these to build a four-square array.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the 43 footer just because these are the last of them. I just received it last week. It's sitting in the basement waiting for Spring to arrive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 31 footer.
I have used it portable. Now when I operate portable, I am not climbing mountains or anything. If I was, I certainly wouldn't carry this vertical with me. Not when I have a Buddipole.

I was considering setting this up at home, but I am thinking that if I go to the trouble of setting up a vertical I would rather go with something made of aluminum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top