Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 1:03:05 PM EDT
Been wanting a vertical to try on 10m, & I have a 20' mast not doing anything right now.

I passed on the ground plane kit. I have a 2-port antenna switch that will allow me to use the fan dipole & the Imax with the LDG tuner. I'll wait to see how it looks on the analyzer before doing any snipping. May end up trimming for use on 10m only & bypass tuner. Anybody try this antenna on other bands with any success?

One more antenna option can't hurt, right?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
it's all I have up right now and love mine....although it's about 25+ years old and known as an A-99

works multi-bands with a tuner.....good choice!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I use an Imax 2000 with great results on 10m through 15m.

I use an antenna tuner for the 12m and 15m, but I have made lots of DX contacts when those bands are open.

I think you will enjoy yours once you get it on the air.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel better about it already. I was hoping it also worked on 12m, that is good news. So you guys never saw a need to trim length?  That sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<snip> So you guys never saw a need to trim length?<snip>
View Quote

On mine there's a ring on some threads at the base of the antenna that can be adjusted to tweak tuning.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't cut my antenna.

I adjusted the rings for the lowest SWR on 10m and used my antenna tuner for operation on 12m and 15m.

No its a perfect antenna, but it will surprise you just how well it works.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Got ya, thanks for tips!

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Great choice.  I cut mine for 10m and it works better without the tuner than with it.  With the IT-100 tuner I get under 1.5 SWR on both 12m and 15m.  It's even under 1.7 on 20m, but I don't use it there.  Without the tuner I get about 2.6 SWR on 12m and 15m.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top