Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 10:50:34 AM EDT
Thanks to ar-jedi and all the information he has put here, and to the Ham Wisperer I am now a General ticket holder.  Just gotta wait until my call sign shows up so I can press the transmit button on my little Baofeng B5 and see if I can connect to one of the repeaters here in San Antonio.

Over the last two months I listened to the Ham Wisperer on my lunch hours and used Roy Watson's free iPhone web apps for Tech and General to help reinforce what I learned in the videos.  Typically I reviewed the sections I had learned the prior day each morning using the apps.  When I had made it through the video set I started taking practice tests.  

I didn't hear how many I missed on the Tech (wasn't more than a few) and I missed 3 on the General.  I never even studied for the Extra but though, why not?  Well, I was guessing at almost every answer and missed 20.

If you want to get your ticket and don't have a lot of time, don't let that stop you!  You can find some time even in a busy schedule.

Now I'l be saving some pennies to get a more powerful radio than the little B5.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on getting your General!      Keep up the momentum and try to get your Extra while you're in the groove.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job.

Get on the air!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Many Congrats !!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
With the study guides and practice tests... and no code required...

...there is no excuse for not going for extra!

(Old school CW Extra here!  ... kept my N0XXX call sigh!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top