Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2014 11:14:49 AM EDT
Does anyone watch Ham Nation on the Twit.tv network?  It's pretty funny.  Amateurlogic is another funny web pod cast that is good.

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I watched them when they first came out. I was in Afghanistan and made good with a comm guy. He would download them for me, but it would take him about 6 hours to download one so I didn't get them every week.

I got to where I only watched them for the Smoke and Solder part. Then I got hooked on The Ben Heck Show and Hak5 now those are the two main pod/video cast I watch.

Somehow I get the feeling that Nutnfancy is a producer for Ham Nation
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone watch Ham Nation on the Twit.tv network?  It's pretty funny.  Amateurlogic is another funny web pod cast that is good.
View Quote

Yeah, I watch Ham Nation every once in a while.  Haven't seen Amateurlogic, though.

BTW, that's a pretty childish avatar if you ask me...  J/K!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

BTW, that's a pretty childish avatar if you ask me...  J/K!  
View Quote

Says the cigar smoking Klingon!!  
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Amateurlogic is George's first podcast.  He still does it once a month since 2005.  He does more Smoke and Solder on there than he does on HN.  I get a lot from both shows, plus I love to ruin electronics projects with my soldering iron.  Watching them record them live is better than the shows after editing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm more partial to the episodes where Bob and Gordo are absent. There seems to be less "Uhaaa haa haa" going on.

I probably need to stick to SSB and not go to AM.  :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
After watching last weeks episode (Bob was out), I think George is being groomed to take his place.  Having a Hee Haw background behind him was too funny.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't call it funny. Somewhat entertaining perhaps.

The only part I don't miss is Smoke and Solder. Bob has some good tips here and there and when he goes off on amateur radio history and boatanchors, I listen. Gordo I fast forward through.

I typically can get through their one hour episodes in 40 minutes. Double speed through the stuff I don't care about and listen to what I do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top