Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2014 5:33:23 AM EDT
and the cheap fucker (EA7AD) sent me my card AND 2 others with their SAEs.

I had to go to QRZ and figure out which card to pun into which envelope. Then I emailed the guys and they were grateful.

I stuck stamps on them and mailed them out, of course.

Still, with $9 for a registered letter AND 3 green stamps....

What bullshit!
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, that was shitty of the dude! Here's my card, now run to post office & spend some money for me. Now if they were already stamped & ready to mail inside the US, would be OK, but not the way he handled it.

Sir, you have my respect for helping those other hams get their cards!

HS
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
When I saw I had to registered mail the guy I decided to Google search around and found out from someone griping on QRZ that he was likely to do something like that. I took that into consideration.

I wanted him to send it to ME so I could be the guy that forwarded the card so I knew I would get mine. I figured it was possible that some other ham might figure 'Screw the other guys. I got mine'.

I sent an over sized SAE and an extra buck and sure enough, that's what happened.

Incidentally some of you might remember that when I made the QSO I tried to get the Marines at the embassy to forward this for me. In the package I sent the Marines I told them if this was something illegal or against the rules to simply throw the entire package out and forget about it. I never heard from them which I kind of expected.

Further investigation tells me the embassies can't even drop a letter in the local mail for you.

Link Posted: 1/29/2014 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Incidentally some of you might remember that when I made the QSO I tried to get the Marines at the embassy to forward this for me. In the package I sent the Marines I told them if this was something illegal or against the rules to simply throw the entire package out and forget about it. I never heard from them which I kind of expected.

Further investigation tells me the embassies can't even drop a letter in the local mail for you.

View Quote

How did you address it? You can't address anything to "Servicemember" or anything generic anymore, it all has to be someone's name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top