Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2014 5:52:56 AM EDT
Who is going?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, sounds awesome, and I could use some warmth.  

Ain't gonna be able to make it, tho.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there 3 years ago and last year.  Definitely shrink from the first time.  Took the wife there as a weekend getaway and hit a couple of Irish pubs after the show.  Worth going to but I can't make it this year.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be going. Want to carpool?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
PM inbound. Now if Foxxz would just chime in
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
When and where in Richmond?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
February 1, 2014, from 8:30AM-3:30PM.
http://frostfest.com/wp/

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It sounds like a good time.  It has two of my favorite things.... radios and guns.  Now, if it had Jack Daniel's or Coleman collectibles, it would be perfect.  too bad I'm not close enough to attend.  Y'all have a good time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sounds like a good time.  It has two of my favorite things.... radios and guns.  Now, if it had Jack Daniel's or Coleman collectibles, it would be perfect.  too bad I'm not close enough to attend.  Y'all have a good time.
View Quote

When I was a young cub scout we had a field trip to the Coleman store. This was the early 90s and stuff like REI hadn't reached Kansas. It was better then being a kid in a candy store. In fact my wife's sleeping bag is my first mummy bag I got on that field trip
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I upgraded to general there 3 years ago. Too bad I'm not ready for the extra this time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be there!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll be there!
View Quote

Apparently I will be too
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not working, I was actually considering going...

I took my Technician test just around the corner from there, at the Sandston public library.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]

I could use some warmth
View Quote
we got none of that here.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know which venders will be there?
I didn't find a place on the TEN TEC website that might list hamfests.
I see that Elecraft is a sponsor so I'm going to presume they'll have some presence there.

I'm having trouble justifying to myself let alone my wife an 8 hour round trip to
look at radios that may or may not be there that I can't afford without another month or 2 of savings.
I've not been to Frost Fest before so its hard for me to judge.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off planning a weekend up to Washington DC.  Then I'd be able to
combine some museums with HRO and MicroCenter visits.  Now that's a weekend vacation that
will leave me poorer but with new things to geek out about.

thx.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Yaesu will be there as a company.

There are usually two retailers and neither is a large national dealer (HRO).

The Elecraft booth is run by a "friend" of Elecraft, not elecraft themselves.

IMHO-it's not worth 8 hours round trip. If you come to NoVA for weekend, let us know and we can meet up!

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does anyone know which venders will be there?
I didn't find a place on the TEN TEC website that might list hamfests.
I see that Elecraft is a sponsor so I'm going to presume they'll have some presence there.

I'm having trouble justifying to myself let alone my wife an 8 hour round trip to
look at radios that may or may not be there that I can't afford without another month or 2 of savings.
I've not been to Frost Fest before so its hard for me to judge.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off planning a weekend up to Washington DC.  Then I'd be able to
combine some museums with HRO and MicroCenter visits.  Now that's a weekend vacation that
will leave me poorer but with new things to geek out about.

thx.
View Quote

There is also the Marine Corps museum off exit 150
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:36:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be at Frostfest with my girlfriend. We drove up from Charlotte, NC yesterday. Not sure what time we will get there but I'll be wearing a BFL ball cap.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Show seemed smaller than I remember.  Only one vendor selling new radios, but 4 or so others with accessories.   Everything else was flea market type stuff.  Checking gun show now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Show seemed smaller than I remember.  Only one vendor selling new radios, but 4 or so others with accessories.   Everything else was flea market type stuff.  Checking gun show now.
View Quote

I guess that I am not the only one that now feels that Ham radio festival = flea market.
Didn't hams get the word that the internet killed off the computer shows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top