Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 5:53:15 PM EDT
Does anyone on here use DXLab by AA6YQ?  

It looks to be a very good suite of software but might be a bit complicated.

http://www.dxlabsuite.com
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried it and stuck with the old free HRD stuff.  I suppose just because I didn't want to learn it and HRD did all that I needed.  I don't have anything bad to say about it but there did seem to be a bit of a learning curve.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried it and stuck with the old free HRD stuff.  I suppose just because I didn't want to learn it and HRD did all that I needed.  I don't have anything bad to say about it but there did seem to be a bit of a learning curve.
View Quote

That's what everyone seems to say. Right now I use a bunch of different "products" to accomplish DX intel. From different spotting networks, to gray-line calculators, logging calculators and FLdigi for my infrequent digital operation.

What I really want is a way to filter out spots to give me an indication of whether a particular DX station uses LoTW (DX-watch does a good job with that) an easy indication of who exactly is working the DX (DX summit does that the best) and a way to filter out some of the junk from W3LPL puts out there. It would be really cool to have a software program only show spots for things I need. So have it NOT show the millions of spots for Mexico, England, Germany, Egypt and others I have everywhere. So I don't have to wade through the "noise" to find what I want. And with having so many DXCC challenge points (over 850 and probably 900 after the contest) it's hard to remember what I have, and where. Apparently DXLabs Spot Collector does exactly that. Once you have the damned thing set up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear what you're saying and I only have 350 challenge points at this moment.  I just juggle the things you've mentioned to see what's going on.  I use ClubLog too, are you on there?  Upload my logs and it shows a matrix of what DX entities I've worked or confirmed by band.  Still very manual and tedious but I enjoyed using it this contest and overall.  Something more automated would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a clublog account but have never uploaded. It's on my to do list.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you checked out Log4OM?
http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/

eta: yep, it's free!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That one looks cool too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top