Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2013 9:37:50 AM EDT
...last Monday the 14th.  Is this the link I use to find my call sign?

That said, hello.  I have been lurking this part of the forums for several months now doing a lot of reading and trying to absorb as much info as possible.  I bought a ht this summer and have been doing some listening but am getting anxious to push the ptt and make some contacts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
The link yes. Since you are in Oregon if you don't know about this site check it out.

http://www.w7pra.org/
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That said, hello.  I have been lurking this part of the forums for several months now doing a lot of reading and trying to absorb as much info as possible.  I bought a ht this summer and have been doing some listening but am getting anxious to push the ptt and make some contacts.
View Quote

Congratulations, and welcome!!!  

That is the correct link.  Click on "Advanced License Search" , scroll down to "licensee", and enter your name: Last, first.

Once your call is issued, do a little happy dance, then get on the air!!!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the correct link.  Click on "Advanced License Search" , scroll down to "licensee", and enter your name: Last, first.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  Not yet but hopefully soon!
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]

What part of OR? I hear a lot of guys from OR down hear in Vegas almost everyday.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:43:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations!

Continue working and upgrade as soon as possible to General or Extra.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the party.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What part of OR? I hear a lot of guys from OR down hear in Vegas almost everyday.

View Quote

CN85-Salem area.  I have heard tx on SO-50 from Vegas.

COLTGOLDCUP,  Thanks for the link.  I haven't seen that page.  I do have my handheld programmed for the 145.130 repeater.  I am heading up to Mehama for some shooting today and was hoping to see if I could hit that one with my home built yagi.  63 miles peak to peak.  I know that's a stretch on the tx, but the receive pegs the meter.  Maybe next week.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Call sign received!  Going on the air today.  Thanks for all the help and support.  I'm sure I will have many more questions soon.

KG7xxx
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Congrats!
View Quote

+1 mountain_guy  
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the positive comments.  This forum has been the biggest influence on pursuing ham radio.  My first contact was off a repeater 50 miles away.  I was told my signal was loud and clear.  Not to bad for a Yaesu ht.  I think this is going to be a fun and useful hobby and like most things on this forum will cost more $$ than anticipated.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the positive comments.  This forum has been the biggest influence on pursuing ham radio.  My first contact was off a repeater 50 miles away.  I was told my signal was loud and clear.  Not to bad for a Yaesu ht.  I think this is going to be a fun and useful hobby and like most things on this forum will cost more $$ than anticipated.
View Quote

Elevation is everything.
Sofar I've learned that usually if you can hear them clearly, you can contact them.

My furthest clean repeater contact sofar is 114 miles (using 65W).
I typically nail machines 25-75miles out without any trouble at all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Gratz!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Congratulations! Welcome to our crazy world where we pray to the Solar gods for sunspots.

You've just stuck your toe in the water. Check out the "10M is on fire" thread to see what it's like on HF when things really get poppin'.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top