Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2013 5:18:46 AM EDT
Looking to finally upgrade to extra. I did some looking, and found several different practice test software packages for android. Some free, some outdated, and one that's $20. Any recommendations? I could do one of the online tests, but prefer an actual app that I can stop and come back to as time permits.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
HamExam.org

If you have Wifi access this is the best place to go. I studied the flash cards and took sample tests on my Android phone.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:35:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I used "Amateur Radio Exams 1.0 Pro". $2.99 in the play store. It has the latest pool questions for Extra.
For those looking at this thread and interested in getting their tech, the free version will do...but go on and get your general. That little taste of HF phone you get on 10m will not be enough!

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I used hamtestonline.com for tech and genera and it was great but just reviewed the test bank on qrz.com for the extra.

It's not an Android ap, but you can still study from you Android phone.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
While being able to use the tests online are a great option, it'd be nice to have a specific app staged on the phone. This way, it'll still work in airplane mode, or where coverage is spotty or non-existant.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#5]
i used Ham Radio Study from Pillow Fight Games,  a free app with questions for Tech, General and Extra.  It's a great app and helped me pass.

Ham Radio Study
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i used Ham Radio Study from Pillow Fight Games,  a free app with questions for Tech, General and Extra.  It's a great app and helped me pass.

Ham Radio Study
View Quote

I had looked at that.

"Description

Prepare for Amateur Radio examinations.
Includes full question pools:
* Technician (effective till 2014-06-30)
* General (effective July 1, 2011)
* Extra (effective till 2012-06-30)"

I ended up picking up Amateru Raido Exams 1.0 Pro. For $2.99, it's worth giving a shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top