Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2013 5:44:50 PM EDT
A couple of months ago, I was asked to evaluate some of the ham gear that a certain state support agency purchased. They have no active hams, and no desire to learn how HF operates. Nor do they want the "huge" antenna that is required to work NVIS in support of a regional disaster. Long story short, am the proud "owner" of a brand new Yaesu FT-450 with power supply, Pactor controller, all mounted in a Gator 6U rack case and Out backer Perth Plus. The only catch is that I will be signing a Memorandum of Understanding that I am not allowed to sell the rig, and if the agency ever needs it, or I decide to leave the agency, I have to return it.

Not a bad deal. I will add a tuner and a sloper antenna and I will be ready to rock.

Mike F

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome score!
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Might I ask which agency?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, that IS a great score.  I hope you get a lot of use out of it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell them that you need a IC-7800.

What's the worst that could happen?

Great score btw!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 9:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like his County Emergency Management Agency hooked him up.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not going to say what agency, but it is a member of the state's terrorism task force.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet.

Our local EOC purchased 4 TS-2000s under a UASI grant. No idea why since we really had little to no need for HF and certainly didn't have the need for such high-end radios. They wouldn't let us retain possession of them so they've sat unused or 3-4 years now locked in a cabinet at the EOC. Great use of our tax dollars.

Nice to hear your agency is actually letting you put things  to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top