Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 9:27:30 AM EDT
I don't know if there's a lot of interest or info, but when I started looking for cases for my Yaesu HT's all I originally found was the Yaesu case.  It was universally rated as crap.  Well, I found out about Western Case and also stumbled across the Radio Glove cases.  I picked up one of each and thought I'd give you guys some pictures and a quick rundown.

HT's I'm using them for:  Yaesu VX-8DR with mic and a Yaesu VX-8GR (my backup)

The Western Case VX-8 case will be the first one.  I really like this case for an "outdoors" case.  It seems to be durable and I like the way it's constructed.  Here's some quick picks of the front and the back with my VX-8DR in it:

The metal clip looks strong and the case fits the radio well.  So far this has been a great "tromping around the woods" case.

http://www.westerncasecompany.com/

Now for the Radio Glove.  It's supposed to be a little more of a "dressy" case.  Something I could wear to the office.  This case works, but it's much harder to get the radio out of.  Also I'm betting it won't last half as long as the Western will.  The case is technically for the VX-7 but after calling them they stated it would work for the VX-8.  They did cut a hole in the flap for the mike attachment.  Great guys to work with, but not a "woods" case.  Of course, it's not supposed to be.  Here's the Radio Glove with the VX-8GR in it:

You'll notice the little "pouch" in the back.  If I had the VX-8DR in the case with the factory antenna the pouch is supposed to hold the 6 meter extension.  That is a nice feature that I'll probably never use.

http://www.powerportstore.com/Radio%20Glove%20AR.htm

Both are well built cases but for the times I'll use the radios the Western is better.

ETA - links added.....  Oops!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
nice-but u forgot the links

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
nice-but u forgot the links

Oops!  Fixed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top