Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2012 6:00:54 AM EDT
I may be traveling through it in a couple of days and will toss the PRC 320 into my rig and try QSO anyone that might need it.

Nothing firm yet, but it is a possibility.

Pic, out
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Bring a radio that has a real signal....use your IC-718 instead of the QRP rig.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#2]
i need RI and the other 56 too

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i need RI and the other 56 too

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

+1
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bring a radio that has a real signal....use your IC-718 instead of the QRP rig.

30 watts is what the 320 will run.

Sorry I am NOT––say again NOT going to drag the 718. Too much hassle.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you keep driving to Maine?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I can use it, but it's not terribly important.  If it's convenient, we can give it a try.  If not, don't worry about it.
Thanks for the offer!  
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:49:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like I am going to be passing through RI with the 320 inside the next 18-40 hours. Sked is not firm. Plan on VERY short notice.

Anyone that needs RI should IM me ASAP and we can swap cell numbers and make arrangements. I will call you when I am about an b hour or so out and again when I set up.

I will TRY to find a spot that I can throw up the full length end fed antenna so I can work 10-80 meters.

If not, I suppose it'll be catch as catch can with the whip, which incidentally I have made a number of DX contacts with so at least is is worth a try.

As far as QSL goes, I will cheerfully send you a guerilla portable QSL card and carefully annotate that the QSO was indeed in Rhode Island, but I may not be able to fumble with a pad and paper if it is in the middle of the night so please write down the date/time group, signal report, and frequency so at least we have it for QSL cards.

Incidentally, on YOUR QSL cards, please note I was in Rhode Island and you are an ARFCOMER so at least I know what is what.

I will try and work with you on this but I have a lot of other duties to tend to, also.

Incidentally I am NOT going to take a whole lot of chances with this and risk having to deal with any idiots that think I am Boris Badenoff calling Fearless Leader at 3 am. While I do have a somewhat flexible sked, I do NOT have time to explain to Barney Fife that I am a ham doing an Ecomm drill.

Anyone is welcome and I will try and accommodate you if I can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top