Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2012 1:31:45 PM EDT
I finally divided by zero! I got my ts-2000 hooked into Xastir and have tx/rx aprs packets. Im not even a big APRS guy its just that APRS combines computers and radios so its kind of like my final essay.

Sure psk uses radios and computers but that is a pretty simple plug in play thing. However getting everything set to how you like it takes a lifetime.

I used my th-d72 to confirm and its working, I checked aprs.fi and its working. I haven't decoded any other stations (besides my HT) even though I am hearing packets.

Now I can finish cleaning the shack to post pics in the shack thread
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been messing with this a while now and have yet to get any stations other then my HT to show up. I can hear the burst and some are s5-7 but its not showing up.

I thought it might be a hardware/software issue but it is decoding the packets from my HT just fine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I finally got xastir to see the sm0 soundmodem device on my lappy. Two problems. One; soundmodem randomly routes ?something? to my speakers and make just a hell of a racket. Two; once I activate the soundmodem it doesn't play nicely with my rtl-sdr. I can run gqrx and see the waterfall, but nothing gets decoded. Stop soundmodem and multimonNG decodes all the afsk data just fine. So close, yet so far.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I hear ya about being so close!

sm0 will make some noise (packets) when it starts up to tell everyone there is a new node up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top