Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2012 3:18:44 AM EDT
If so, how do I do this?
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You bet. No different than if you were driving a vehicular whip. Connect the bottom of the vertical to the AH-4 output, the AH-4 ground to, well, ground (a radial system if possible) and have at it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes indeed. I just used one counterpoise wire about 60'.

Worked well on the 31' S9. I used 5 conductor sprinkler wire to make the control cable extension.

I would lay some radials if you can.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I used one on an S9 Vertical, 18', lots of radials, worked well.  Now I am using the AH-4 to tune a 135' dipole fed with 600 ohm ladder line.
Link Posted: 7/9/2012 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
OK, so now I know it will plot a firing solution so to speak.

What kind of DX results can I expect from a 43 foot DX Engineering vertical?
Link Posted: 7/9/2012 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
With a decent ground system and a remote tuner, it should work real well for DX overall.   The AH-4 should provide a match from 10m-80m.  You'll get very good performance from 20m-60m.  80m will be OK.  Above 20m, the takeoff angle gets too high for serious DX work.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top