Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2011 12:04:43 PM EDT
Spray paint in rattler cans.

Not water moccasin cans, not copperhead cans, but RATTLER cans!
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Walmart sells krylon camo drab colors.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been gettting it at walmart and ace hardware.  Krylon ultra flat
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Our Lowes has it.  They have flat tan, too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just noticing last weekend that my local ACE/Westlake hardware as an excellent selection of flat green/tan/black rattler cans.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
in my area, NW Texas,
ACE
Walmart
Home Depot
Tractor Supply
all have camo paint selections..

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

in my area, NW Texas,

ACE

Walmart

Home Depot

Tractor Supply

all have camo paint selections..

Same here, can throw in Lowes as well. Any hardware or boat store here will have camo duck boat paint as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1  Walmart.  This is where I get my camo drab paint.  Olive, brown, and black on my shelf now.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
PICS

and walmart/lowes/HD all have the krylon camo cans
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Krylon

late ww2 OD

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Krylon makes it, Flat OD, Flat Black, Flat Tan, and if you want a fourth color, you can use primer red, which is flat and more brown.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Krylon introduced sand and woodland green. I noticed this a couple weeks ago..
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet jebus, why no love for Rust-Oleum? It's a way better product than Krylon. I'm not saying that because a certain company signs my check, it's really true!

Mike F
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Rustoleum takes longer to dry, and if you don't apply the 2nd coat within a few hours, you have to wait 48 hours.  

But I do agree that Rustoleum is a more durable paint.  I have used it on R/C models.  The fuel will dissolve Krylon, but has no effect on rustoleum.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Rustoleum takes longer to dry, and if you don't apply the 2nd coat within a few hours, you have to wait 48 hours.  

But I do agree that Rustoleum is a more durable paint.  I have used it on R/C models.  The fuel will dissolve Krylon, but has no effect on rustoleum.

Krylon dries faster because it has more solvent and less "solids". That means you have to do 2 to 3 coats of Krylon to get the same coverage as Rust-Oleum. I just painted a door in my house with Rust-Oleum rattle cans. I sprayed 1 coat of primer (1 hour dry time) and 1 coat of topcoat.  It looks awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I've always used Krylon Camo.

When I spraypainted my paintball mask, I did a base coat, painted the digi colors on top, and several coats of matte finish.

It held up very well in the woods and no one could fine me unless they were just a few feet from me (also helped to have black paintballs too... colored paintballs acted like tracers)

ETA:  I also stenciled the Eagle Globe and Anchor near the corner of the eyemask.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top