Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2011 4:31:42 PM EDT
My name is on the FCC list, I have my call sign.

Do I have to do anything else or does my paper  license magically appear?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
well, despite you calling me names in other threads i will answer your question

you can now transmit using your assigned callsign.

your actual license will show up shortly, it is best to keep a copy in your wallet or with your radio, etc.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm claiming 2nd in re: to the questions posted :)
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

you did the ceremonial sacrifice right?

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Isn't this a question on the test?

As soon as you show up in the FCC ULS, you can transmit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Shit, Pic.

If you can do it, I know I can. Now, I guess I should.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 6:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
My name showed up in the ULS, got the paper license in the mail about 3 days later. Still haven't gotten a response though on the two cans and a string. Maybe I'll go bang two rocks together and see if I get a response.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got my paper license in the mail today, passed the test last Saturday (11 June). Now I get to wait for the Vanity modification.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You can go to the FCC website and print out a reference copy of your license if you want a paper copy.  Nobody uses the real license anyway, just makes copies of it... so might as well just print it out to begin with.

The wallet card you want to print or photocopy at 85-90% size or it'll be too big for your wallet after laminating.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can go to the FCC website and print out a reference copy of your license if you want a paper copy.  Nobody uses the real license anyway, just makes copies of it... so might as well just print it out to begin with.

The wallet card you want to print or photocopy at 85-90% size or it'll be too big for your wallet after laminating.

Mine fits just fine in my wallet, and the paper it comes on is cool.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You have the little paper from the VE showing you passed the test, right?

If you have that receipt, and you have a call sign listed, you may begin operation now.

Link Posted: 6/21/2011 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
you have a call sign listed, you may begin operation now.

Your operating authority is the information in the FCC database, not the piece of paper they mail you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#12]
HA!, Pic, I knew I was gonna get in on this one!

So I tested last week for General-passed.

Checked the box for next sequential call (hoping for something shorter and better)

Well on the FCC site, it just posted General, with the same Call-sign....OK, so should I immediately begin the vanity quest or give it a few days just in case....????

Edit to replace duplicate
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HA!, Pic, I knew I was gonna get in on this one!

So I tested last week for General-passed.

Checked the box for next sequential call (hoping for something shorter and better)

Well on the FCC site, it just posted General, with the same Call-sign....OK, so should I immediately begin the vanity quest or give it a few days just in case....????

Edit to replace duplicate
Congratulations.  Will I have to move my 80 meter chats higher in the band so you can join us?

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
later,  about time for ITN
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never been asked to show a paper license to anybody except when I joined Army MARS. 99.9% of the people walking the planet wouldn't know what they were looking at anyway.

Years ago I used to keep a copy of my ticket in my jeep, just in case a po po wanted to know why I could monitor their calls in my truck. Never had to show it.

It's neat to frame and put on your home station wall, though.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I've never been asked to show a paper license to anybody except when I joined Army MARS. 99.9% of the people walking the planet wouldn't know what they were looking at anyway.

Years ago I used to keep a copy of my ticket in my jeep, just in case a po po wanted to know why I could monitor their calls in my truck. Never had to show it.

It's neat to frame and put on your home station wall, though.  

I used mine to buy guns and get a library card. its nice to have a federal license with a different address than the one on your DL

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top