Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 4:31:17 PM EDT
They're all dated 2007-2008. To their credit I didn't send in my SASE until 2008 and I started operating in 2007, so I missed two notices entirely my fault.

So for any new hams, send them 10 pre-addressed envelopes and $$ in postage right away if you're into DX.

These were during the solar minimum (I'm talking the 0 average sunspot months during 2007-2008) 14MHz a few on 18MHz, mostly RTTY and PSK off a wire.

Japan (I stopped working DX after this holy grail from my 20W wire)
Norway
Venezuela
Brasil
Italy
Denmark
Norway
Germany x2
Mexico
Hawaii
Pegasus Ridge D-Day landing anniversary station in France.
Spain x3
St. Croix
Belgium
Florida (op was from VZ on vacation so he used the burro)
Quebec
Austria
Czech Republic
Poland

Those are only the paper cards I got. The electronic logs also yield NZ, Austraila, a cargo ship off the coast of China, several Russian stations (mosty eastern), a few African coastal islands, and some of the expeditions like Scarborough Reef.

I stopped hamming after losing the space for my station in 2009 and my antenna came down after a fierce windstorm & I haven't had the chance to put it back up and I'm going to be moving in the next year, hopefully.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

So for any new hams, send them 10 pre-addressed envelopes and $$ in postage right away if you're into DX.

I need to do this.  Thanks for the reminder.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the outgoing bureau send your cards to the ARRL. Follow the instructions at ARRL Outgoing Bureau.

For the incoming bureau, the cards first go to the ARRL bureau, are sorted by call district, then shipped out to each of the call districts incoming bureaus. There each call district further sorts to the ops in that call district. Each call district has it's own procedures so go to ARRL Incoming Bureau and follow those directions. Your incoming bureau is determined by your call, not where you live. W6XX living in TX (5 land) would use the 6th district incoming bureau.

The 5th district has a pretty cool database lookup to tell you how many envelopes are on file and how many cards are waiting for you. I have a grand total of 1 card waiting for me. Granted I don't use the bureau much but thought that after a year I'd have more than that.

My long awaited St. Helena Island card came in last week direct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top