Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2011 12:14:49 PM EDT
started off really bad, working 2am-7am, got more mail than usual, working outside really cold...  but then after work I went and took my general test and passed, then home and straight to the radio. and boom, first day made a 3,553 mile QSO on 20m

stayed up way too long and now have to go to bed before work tonight...  

or I can try to hot some more

this is going to be the death of me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you catch that station at the Azores Islands? I tried to make it in but the stupid phone keeps ringing.    Got him just now

Congrats on the test too by the way
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#2]
ya, thats who I caught, we have had bad luck with out antennas at the Sioux Shack, our club prez was amazed that I made it that far, we normally haven't ever made it out of north america.

when I heard him say my call I froze in disbelief and then realized he was waiting for me to respond
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
took my general test and passed, then home and straight to the radio. and boom, first day made a 3,553 mile QSO on 20m

Congrats on passing the Gen test and the nice DX, too!  
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
when I heard him say my call I froze in disbelief and then realized he was waiting for me to respond

I still do that too.  I think he must have a pretty good antenna.  He was definitely doing all the heavy lifting for my contact.  But it still counts in my book!

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

but then after work I went and took my general test and passed, then home and straight to the radio. and boom, first day made a 3,553 mile QSO on 20m

You made an HF QSO without being a General in the database?

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
but then after work I went and took my general test and passed, then home and straight to the radio. and boom, first day made a 3,553 mile QSO on 20m

You can identify with /AG right after you upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can identify with /AG right after you upgrade.

yup as soon as you get a CSCE in your hand :D

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]

This just fires me up more, as I'm going to be taking my general at Frost Fest next weekend!  Congrats on the upgrade and the DX!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Great job on the upgrade!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks!

Japan at 5717 miles today  17 meters, 100w on a dipole

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top