Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2011 5:44:48 PM EDT

Poll inbound.

If we wanted to move the net to a time less hostile to the propagation demons, what would you prefer?  Let's assume we'll stick w/ 75/80m for now?

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Early evening or very late at night would suit me.  The band noise has been dropping away drastically for me late at night.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Later the better for me , my noise level drops but Im not sure if conditions are really any better for our use.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
We could try a 20 meter net on Sunday afternoon before the sun goes down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

I've had good look on 20 while the sun is still up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
I've had good look on 20 while the sun is still up.

I might even be able to make that one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:15:44 AM EDT
[#6]
An hour earlier would be better for the 75m freq for those of us in the east. I work rotating shifts so I can try any time/freq you come up with.

73 de w1el.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 6:58:58 AM EDT
[#7]
keep it in the General Band, I can join in now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Daylight hours Tuesdays and Wednesday on 20 meters is best for me. I don't have an antenna up for 75, and my 40m antenna is more of an RF powered coax de-icer. Sunday late afternoon early evening my time may work for me too, but it may be too late for the East coast guys. From the poll it seems Sunday eves on 20m might be worth a shot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Any chance of holding it on VHF / UHF / IRLP / Echolink?  While I'm a general I do not have a HF rig readily available.   I do have access all the time to the great lakes IRLP conference bridge..
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's beat some options around.  Shall we do that here or back in the original thread?  My preference would be the latter for continuity.

ETA:  Posted in other thread to try to keep the train of thought together for those that stumble upon the failboat late....  If y'all don't mind, let's pick up the conversation over there...

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I vote for the weekends. I'm usually at work until late and I have to leave work early when I try to make the net.

A 20m option would be great - those of us who are far away have a better chance of being heard with gain antennas and amplifiers.

Maybe 20 in the afternoon and 80 in the evening?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#12]
on 75 meters earlier would probably be better.   I am in a new on 75 at 8:30pm EST and we regularly can talk over the eastern half of the US.  The band gets longer and more DX as it gets later at night.  I need to get up at 5 am so I won't be involved in a later one very often.   Maybe we could do  one on another night of the week at 8pm or 8:30 EST
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top