Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 3:40:55 PM EDT

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
With all that, you have to have a Kenworth, Peterbuilt, or Freightliner to go along the setup.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
TAAAcoma
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you need help with? How to set it up/install it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I am reading the tacked post know . i can set it up soon  as i make sure i am not sending any wheelchairs into the river.

I could use some input on the swr meters i have pictured .Any one here used any of thesse old ones?
I will need to tune a couple of antennas for my set up one in truck and one in home after i get a tech license i am guessing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used the old Rat-Shack one you have in the pic.
Connect short coax jumper between radio and IN/TX/RADIO connector (however it is labled). Antenna to the OUT/ANT connector.
Radio set to CH 1
Set meter to SWR CAL position.
Key radio and adjust SWR CALIBRATE knob until needle lines up with the cal mark on the right side of the meter.
Unkey radio.
Set meter to SWR position
Key radio and read SWR on the scale 1 to 3.

Repeat on CH 40.

If the SWR reading is lower on CH 1 than on 40, you need to shorten the whip. If CH 40 is lower, then lengthen the whip. When the SWR on CH 1 and CH 40 are pretty much the same, say 1.7 for example, CH 20 should be lower, say 1.2. This tells you the antenna is tuned properly and in the center of the CB band.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
that what i need
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top