Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2010 6:11:32 PM EDT
Been a week and the ULS still shows me as a Tech.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, you can operate as a General via (your call) / AG   or  (your call) / "Acting General".

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Last VE session I administered the upgrades were 3 weeks until they posted.

The new tech posted in a week.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Was the VEC the ARRL or someone else? I think the others are somewhat slower to process.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You know, you can operate as a General via (your call) / AG   or  (your call) / "Acting General".

Yup...did that myself way back when. In fact, I think Iwas operating in the General portions of the bands as soon as I got home from the test! I just signed /AG when ID'ing.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup...did that myself way back when. In fact, I think Iwas operating in the General portions of the bands as soon as I got home from the test! I just signed /AG when ID'ing.

I did it leaving the test site on my mobile checking into the weather net.  It took a couple of minutes to get the net back on track with everyone sending 73s to me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Been a week and the ULS still shows me as a Tech.

At least you can xmit!!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
We had testing on a Wednesday night, and the new Techs were listed over the weekend.

With Techs the VEC's and the FCC want to get the new ham on the air as soon as possible.  They allow CVE's to email scans of the paperwork, followed by snail mailed hard copies.  The process is pushed through as quickly as possible.

But for advancement to General or Extra, the FCC regs already allow the licensed ham to operate with his new privileges immediately upon passage of the test.  I don't see a problem with this.  You'll be listed sooner or later, but meanwhile, you can operate as a General.

Congrats, and enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Oh, I know.  I also know that it wasn't all that long ago that I would have been whining about "It's been three months and I still haven't received my stuff in the mail."  

Originally
Posted By Tony-Ri:

Was the VEC the ARRL or someone else? I think the others are somewhat
slower to process.

ARRL, through my local club.

Quoted:

I don't see a problem with this.  You'll be listed sooner or later,
but meanwhile, you can operate as a General.

Congrats, and enjoy!

No problem, really, since the only time I've keyed up since then was Saturday at the Flea Market, and that was on 2m.  Jut whining.

Thanks.  73

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top