Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 3:38:43 PM EDT
I was given a free antenna tower.  All I have to do is take it down.  It is a fold over type and I cant figure out how it works,

I looks like my Rohn 25G but it has a brace on the side from the ground level to about half way up.  At the bottom it has a winch mounted on it.  I can not see any hinge in the structure of the tower.

My neice just bought the house and it has this tower and a small (around 25ft) tower that I can have if I take them down.

Any body have any ideas?  it is about 50 ft tall.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a tilt plate about 2-3 sections up.  Study it carefully so you know direction, etc.

Be very careful when you tilt it over...the working load when that tower passes 45 to 60 degrees is very heavy.

I would inspect the steel cable before trying to tilt it over personally.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Easy.

I can take it down for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Post a Pic. Give us a better Idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top