Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2008 6:27:28 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the Yaseau VX 170 or the Standard Horizon HX370S has a jaw bone-ear bud accessory or if there is an aftermarket one that will work?

Thank You,

StagPower
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You may want to look into Pryme to see what they have.  I have a earbud/mike from them and it's been great.  That's for a Kenwood though.

-Mark.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the same thing Pryme has, but with the Yaseau connection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heavy-Duty-VOX-Throat-Mic-For-Yaesu-VX6R-VX-7R-66Y7_W0QQitemZ320174943130QQihZ011QQcategoryZ48705QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

StagPower
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
The best hands-free system I've used is the Voiceducer. Totally, Awesome! Get one if you can find it for your radio.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a cheap throat mic from ebay it's pure junk!!  I'd like to know if the voiceducer willwork with yaesu HT's.  I'm not having any luck finding much info

are there any other quality vibration mics/speakers out there for ham radios. I'm not having any luck finding any.

thanks,
LM

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought a cheap throat mic from ebay it's pure junk!!  I'd like to know if the voiceducer willwork with yaesu HT's.  I'm not having any luck finding much info

are there any other quality vibration mics/speakers out there for ham radios. I'm not having any luck finding any.

thanks,
LM

You're a Ham... MAKE ONE!!!!

Find an existing product with a good reputation, get a plug for your radio, and put it together!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Decent bone vibration headsets aren't cheap... are you looking for something discrete (like an earbud), or a proper headset with transducers on either side of your head?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Decent bone vibration headsets aren't cheap... are you looking for something discrete (like an earbud), or a proper headset with transducers on either side of your head?

after googling for hours I came up with the "invisio bone mic" as the best solution for me.  the problem I can't just order one up. it seems it's marketed to LE and every site says call or email for quote.  I might have one of my LE/Ecomm buddies check into one.

I'm not looking for discrete. just something I can hear and talk on in loud environments without  the background noise coming through.  discrete is a bonus.  

I'd spend up to $200 on a good bone vibration mic setup that I could count on.  

LM
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:11:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Please.

I am still debating the different radios.

Thank you,

StagPower

Quoted:

Quoted:

after googling for hours I came up with the "invisio bone mic" as the best solution for me.  the problem I can't just order one up. it seems it's marketed to LE and every site says call or email for quote.  I might have one of my LE/Ecomm buddies check into one.

I'm not looking for discrete. just something I can hear and talk on in loud environments without  the background noise coming through.  discrete is a bonus.  

I'd spend up to $200 on a good bone vibration mic setup that I could count on.  

LM
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Inviso Bone Mic

here ya go
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Thankya Thankya!!!!!!!

StagPower
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you Gamma,

StagPower
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top