Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 6:51:28 PM EDT
During a recent trip my wife and I were on we drove  around the back woods of East Texas. On one back  road I saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty  style house: "Talking Dog for  Sale." Well I needed a break so I stopped to see  what the deal was. I went into the backyard and see  a nice looking Labrador retriever sitting there.

"You talk?" I asked.

"Yep," the Lab replies.

Well  after I got over the shock of hearing a dog talk, I asked "So, what's your story?"

"Ah shucks there ain't much to tell. Is that a VUU screwdriver  antenna on your truck out there?"

"How did you know  that," I asked?

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I'm  a ham radio operator. I got my Ticket when I was a  young pup and in no time at all I had my 5 band DXCC  in Phone and CW. The CIA heard about me and asked me  to do some spy work for them. I would hang around  the communications centers and with my keen hearing  I could copy the  transmissions.  Because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping, I was one of their most valuable  spies for eight years." Copying high speed CW all  day really tired me out and I knew I wasn't getting  any younger.  So, I decided to settle down.  I retired  from the CIA (8 dog years is 56 CIA years) and joined a ham radio club. In fact I won first place  in the Oklahoma QSO Party two years in a row.  Then I  had a mess of puppies and got away from Ham Radio for a while. I sure miss my radio. Why don't you buy  me and I'll be your CW operator in the Texas QSO  Party.  

I said "let me see what I can do."  

I went back in and asked the owner what he wanted for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the guy says.  

"Ten dollars?  This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him  so cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He never did any of  that stuff.  He's just a No Code Technician."
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't you belong over on QRZ.com?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Haha!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Sound like normal QRZ banter.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Now you just need to come up with a "chicken Band" joke or two, and I will feel just like Im at QRZ...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a chicken band? I bet there's a lot of fowl language there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

you're killing me!
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on back and buy this dog.  I only wanted $10.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're killing me!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top