placed the names of their lost upon this rock. They fought here alone
and gave up their lives, so that this nation should not perish from the
earth."

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:20:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Call to arms!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:36:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Be interesting to see how it does this weekend.

I'm looking forward to introducing a new generation to it.  Maybe it will open the kids eyes to what's possible.  They have a tough time getting into the 80's movie.  Technology has come a long way since the original was filmed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#3]
In on one

Is all I got...just sayin

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't been keeping track of this new movie I'm afraid to say. Who are the bad guys this time around?

Edited, for being a fat-fingered, right-wing fundamentalist nutjob...who can't type for crap on his smart phone touch screen...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe it's the North Koreans this time around.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#6]
My problem with is what was so great about the original to a kid growing up in the 80s.  The original story had a group of kids who became self taught guerillas with absolutely no experience at all.  It was one of those teenage fantasies that said "You can be a bad ass and kill the Russian invaders too!"

But this one starts off wrong already. Jed is a combat vet who just returned from Afganistan, so right off the bat, this goes from "Bunch of high school kids who learn to kick ass" to "A combat vet who teaches his friends how to shoot bad guys".  

That one thing diminishes it for me.  In the original, Jed was a natural leader, and had just as much knowledge and experience as the rest of the group, but now he's a professional soldier with actual combat experience :/

That's not going to stop me from going to see it, of course, but still, just something to think about.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember the classic conversation:  "All that hate will burn you up, kid"  "It keeps me warm at night."  Okay, maybe I don't recall it exactly; but, I'm someone will be along shortly to make corrections.  I'll probably wait for it to come out on DVD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#8]
The wife and I haven't been to a movie in years. I mean years. Just for the fun of it, I may drag her to the show this weekend, buy a big tub of popcorn and enjoy this movie. My kids grew up watching it on the VCR to the point they'd jump out of their treehouse out in the meadow wearing their camo screaming, "Wolverines!"
Now grown with little ones of their own, it'll be interesting to hear their take on the remake...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ah, thanks Bazz

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, thanks Bazz

It was the Chinese originally ,then the studio started having financial problems.While restructuring the studio ordered that the bad guys be changed to the North Koreans.
Movie was actually supposed to be released 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Topic Moved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top