Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2010 1:33:36 PM EDT
I found this book at Barnes and Noble. The book is about a family in a post nuclear war survival situation. I just got it and have not gotten into it yet. If you have already gotten to read the book, please no spoilers

Link Posted: 8/19/2010 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
cool...  tag for reviews...
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Had it in my hand at the store the other day, decided to go with "Without Warning" instead.  Will pick it up next time I am there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us know how it is. I would be interested in reading it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I am about half way through it. The book has been descent so far. Terrorists attack with nukes causing a bad EMP effect along with the toasted cities. The family is forced to walk out with only what they had in the car. Dad is a former marine with combat time in Beruit. Mom is tough and so is the son, Scott. The daughter is a liberal pacifist. The writting style is a little strange but pretty good so far. The story seems a little short on charactor development though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I finished it. I vote meh. The story was not all that great.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:03:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you posted the update I had it on Pick up at the local Barnes Nobles I will pass.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Finished it last night.  It was alright but after reading something like Lighs Out it wasnt that fufilling.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Finished it last night.  It was alright but after reading something like Lighs Out it wasnt that fufilling.

and that's the comparison I was looking for.  thanks.  LO is my benchmark.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That sums it up in a nutshell.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I finished it. I vote meh. The story was not all that great.

Exactly
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:28:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am about half way through it. The book has been descent so far. Terrorists attack with nukes causing a bad EMP effect along with the toasted cities. The family is forced to walk out with only what they had in the car. Dad is a former marine with combat time in Beruit. Mom is tough and so is the son, Scott. The daughter is a liberal pacifist. The writting style is a little strange but pretty good so far. The story seems a little short on charactor development though.

Took it out from the library yesterday.  The jumping around telling the story from the different peoples perspectives is making reading the story somewhat unpleasant.

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought it, read it, not overly impressed.  It isn't totally worthless, and is probably better than "One Second After", but is no comparison to some of the real classics of the genre.  I won't say it isn't worth reading, but it is not one that I will likely read again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top