Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 11:31:34 PM EDT
I've have been applying for the moose lottery in Maine for several years and have never been picked.  This year it finally happened, I have a bull only permit for October.

I can let my sub permitee shoot the moose instead of me if I choose.  I asked my 13 year old stepdaughter if she wanted to go moose hunting.  She is very excited as well.  I will give her the first two days of the season.  (She will have to miss school)  If she doesn't get anything, then I will take care of it, possibly with a bow.

I really hope she gets a chance to take a moose.  It will probably be a once in a lifetime experience for her.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Hope one of you get one. They are tasty
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Rodent used to post his moose pics before he got banned.  The hunting and killing part looked pretty straight forward, but getting that big SOB out of the woods and wrapped up for the freezer looks like a LOT of work and a big logistics nightmare.

I'd still like to try it once...

Good hunting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top