Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2015 1:03:06 PM EDT
Me and my business partner go to settlement on 45 acres of land on the Choptank River, there is about 1900 feet of river/marsh front and a 3 acre pond. There is only about 100 feet of usable water front and about 20 acres of usable/buildable land. But we want to get away from people. We are splitting it in 2 lots and there is already 2 perk's for septics. We are also buying a portion of the neighbors land so we are waiting for lot line revisions to be done to go to settlement.

The pond berm has been washed out and would like some pointers on the best way to fix it. I was thinking of using a flash board riser but have had trouble finding a company to sell one to me. Pond has a hard bottom except where leaves have settled. Water front is muddy but we will get a pier to go out to deep water.

There are already 3 blinds on the property and lots of deer and turkeys.

Red line is roughly the property

Some of the woods

"water front"

creek with a blind on the other side of the pond

main pond with a blind out on an island

Low tide and a blind out on and island in the river

another of the pond with part of what my son calls "James Island"

And we need to SSS a beaver, he is cutting down all the maples some into the pond.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice place, one of my brothers has 25 acres not too far from you.

It's beaver trapping season right now.330/castor mound
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry if I killed your thread.

Check pondboss.com for pond help.
I know my brother, and a few other folks, ran into LOTS of regulatory snags when repairing/modifying  ponds over that way.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem, I wont have much to update until I go to my settlement. Lot line revisions were submitted Thursday. They said it will be 3 to 6 weeks to get them approved. Some dick head on a polarus is tearing up the road and it sucks I can't do anything about it until its mine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL, my brother had the same problem.
One day, trespassing kid accidently ran over a bunch of nails, flattening 3 tires,
Walked out, and when he came back with his dad, his ATV was hanging from an oak branch.  

Realized who you are/on a local forum.
Now I need a bigger cannon!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top