Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2014 4:50:11 AM EDT
Just wanted to let you all know about Vintage Aerial LLC. They have aerial photos of farms and houses all across the country dating back into the 1960s. I recently purchased one for my father and it came yesterday. I am very happy with the overall product. I figured I would let you know about it. I am in no way affiliated with the company, just a happy customer. The website is vintageaerial.com  Charlie Spencer was who helped me and he is a great guy.  

</a>" />
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
My sister and I did the same thing for out dad a couple years ago for his birthday.  It was very cool to see the farm back in the day before it was expanded
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll post some pictures of what my family's farm used to look like once I can get home and dig up the pictures.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
It was interesting, he had about four different years  of pics of our home farm. The one pictured is from 1970. Being born in 1987, ts really cool to see how it was back in the day. Only a hand full of the trees in the picture are still here.
Link Posted: 1/14/2014 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This is very relevant to my interests!  I bought an old farm house, and I know there are areal photos of it floating around. I'd really like to have one hanging on the wall.  

For those of y'all that have done this, what was the cost of having this website look them up for you?  I'd hate to give them all of my info and then it cost more than I'm willing to shell out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#5]
To look at the pictures you just go to the website and put in your location and some other info. Then you will get an email from them to set up a time to look at the pictures. They call you and you log onto their site where the librarian will show you the pictures. All of that is free. No obligation. It took the librarian about 10 mins before we found my farm. Now the pictures are a lil pricey, however I must say the quality is top notch. The frames are all hand made by the Amish. I paid $364 shipped for the picture in the OP. Its 16 by 24. You can also get them hand colored if you desire.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
We got the biggest size they offered.  I can't remember the size but it cost us around $400.  For that we got the big pic with our frame of choice and an Unframed 8x10.  Like op said it's pricey but we'll worth it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#7]
this interested me because my grandparents had a blueberry farm. looked up a little stuff on google and found this if you sign up its FREE and you can download as much as you want. there is a youtube video on how to search stuff, but its pretty self explanatory. they have a bunch of vintage photos of the entire country you can look up. ill post my results in a minute
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#8]
go to vintage aerial and click on "discover your photos".  You can put in your address and it lets you click through photos to try to find the one youre looking for
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To look at the pictures you just go to the website and put in your location and some other info. Then you will get an email from them to set up a time to look at the pictures. They call you and you log onto their site where the librarian will show you the pictures. All of that is free. No obligation. It took the librarian about 10 mins before we found my farm. Now the pictures are a lil pricey, however I must say the quality is top notch. The frames are all hand made by the Amish. I paid $364 shipped for the picture in the OP. Its 16 by 24. You can also get them hand colored if you desire.
View Quote

Yep that's way more than I thought it would be.  I wonder if they could just send me a copy of the picture, or a negative?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
go to vintage aerial and click on "discover your photos".  You can put in your address and it lets you click through photos to try to find the one youre looking for
View Quote

It did not let me click through anything. After filling out the info requested it sent me an e-mail saying "One of our personal librarians will contact you shortly.", no otion to click through photos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It did not let me click through anything. After filling out the info requested it sent me an e-mail saying "One of our personal librarians will contact you shortly.", no otion to click through photos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

once they contact you, then you set up an appointment to view the photos on their site, they give you a passcode
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top