Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2011 2:10:37 PM EDT
This is half my canning wall. You can see four metal shelving units, but I have eight, all equally full. The shape of the room (20x3 storeroom) makes it hard to get a shot of the whole thing.

On the opposite side, I had an unfinished wall - just bare studs, with drywall facing the next-door room. So I built more canning shelves. Any real carpenter will laugh him or herself silly at these, but oh well. (They work fine for pint jars but quarts won't fit, too wide.)

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Very jealous.  Nice job.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say you have a couple weeks of food there....

nice job....as far as the stud wall...you work with what you have.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would say you have a couple weeks of food there....

nice job....as far as the stud wall...you work with what you have.

I usually can somewhere between 1000-1200 jars every year. In another room, I have around 1800 lbs. of rice, beans, wheatberries etc. If the zombies come, I can probably hold out for a little while

If I wasn't such a crappy carpenter I could have done something a little more elegant with that stud wall, but ya know, those jars really don't have strong opinions about what they're sitting on so I guess it's OK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top