Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 7:21:49 AM EDT
Ok,  I have my freshly ground wheat flour, now what?  Any one have any good recipes?  Can I make beer bread with it if I add some yeast, soda, and salt?  Anything else you have had success with?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok,  I have my freshly ground wheat flour, now what?  Any one have any good recipes?  Can I make beer bread with it if I add some yeast, soda, and salt?  Anything else you have had success with?

one thing is for the first couple of loafs of bread you do, make sure that u halve the amount of wheat flour with white all porpose ie: if receipe calls for 2 cups of wheat flour, use one cup each of wheat and all purpose. According to some it actually takes some time for the body to "beable" to eat 100% all wheat flour bread and such.

Not sure if there is any validity to that, but I have mixed like above and never had a problem.

J-

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Best wheat bread recipe ever (at least that I've found):

Homemade Wheat Bread

Read and follow the part about 'dough conditioner'... really seems to make a difference.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Tagging for future reference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top