BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 5:22:39 PM EDT
Columns:
1-2: Bhut Jolokia
3-6: Trinidad Scorpions
7-10: Yellow 7Pod
11-12: Fatalli

Planted in Pro-mix BX, on top of a heat mat with humidity dome on, stays around 85... perfect for germination... This is just a test run. I'll plant a lot more come January.

Wish me luck!

(I swear I'm obsessed with hot peppers...)
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Let us know on the germiation time.  Did some piquins (bird peppers) this year and the little fuckers took 64 days to germinate!

AC
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Why only 2 rows of bhut?

Its WAY to early for me to start next years...I still have some in the garden waiting to ripen now!  

My wife swears I'm obsessed with hot peppers too
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Where did you get the Bhut Jolokia seeds?  Some of us at work are wanting to try some.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Way to early to start peppers now.  

I usually don't start until the beginning of March and transplant outside around first of June.   My peppers are currently over 4 feet tall right now and still producing peppers.

At the very least wait unitl after Christmas.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#6]
This really was just more of a germination test, and will later be used as a fertilizer test on the ones that do geminate, That's why I'm starting themso early....

As for where I got the seeds, I would recommend:
http://www.chilepepperinstitute.org/

http://www.thehippyseedcompany.com/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top