Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 12:26:27 PM EDT
Specifically, "Late Fry" and "Supreme."  These are the only two you will need.  They represent a bronze (white/green/brown) grape in the Late Fry, and the Supreme are a black/purple variety.  They both bear heavily.  They both have Brix in 20-23 (very sweet).  IF you order now from ISONS nursery you can get bareroot ones shipped this november.  We LOVE supreme.  the kids are like a troop of baboons swarming a candy factory.  Each vine will need about 20 feet of trellis.  "muscadines" have a bad reputation from people eating wild ones as kids - the domestic varieties are nothing short of awesome in my book.  Hope this helps someone!  Also anyone needing info on bunch grapes I grow a few varieties here in the south (pierce' disease is rampant here but my grapes still do OK)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Specifically, "Late Fry" and "Supreme."  These are the only two you will need.  They represent a bronze (white/green/brown) grape in the Late Fry, and the Supreme are a black/purple variety.  They both bear heavily.  They both have Brix in 20-23 (very sweet).  IF you order now from ISONS nursery you can get bareroot ones shipped this november.  We LOVE supreme.  the kids are like a troop of baboons swarming a candy factory.  Each vine will need about 20 feet of trellis.  "muscadines" have a bad reputation from people eating wild ones as kids - the domestic varieties are nothing short of awesome in my book.  Hope this helps someone!  Also anyone needing info on bunch grapes I grow a few varieties here in the south (pierce' disease is rampant here but my grapes still do OK)

FordGuy, would you be willing to do some pics to show the vine on the trellis and the grapes on the vine for the different vines you grow?

That would be a really cool, helpful thing to see.  There seem to be a lot of questions on here, regularly, about grape growing.  Any kind of information would probably help a lot of people to understand grape culture and how you go about the various tasks involved.

I know wine grapes somewhat, but not table grapes at all.  There is some overlap, but the desired results are different in a lot of ways.  I think the culture of the two is different enough to be interesting––and a little confusing at times.
kiitties
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top