Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2010 1:02:05 PM EDT
I don't remember where I saw it, but I read directions about cooking a turkey with lower heat. It was supposed to be really tender and juicy. It was cooked breast down and about 275 deg.

Does anyone remember?
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to that exact recipe, but I do whole turkey breasts in the crock pot.  Breast down, I like a splash of white wine in it (whatever I happen to be drinking), cook on low for 8 hours.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]

We use oven bags for turkey. Sounds hokey, but the first time I used them, we had pulled turkey for Thanksgiving. It was too tender to slice and serve

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 3:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I've smoked a turkey at 275 before.

Just turn the temp down and cook, nothing to worry about. If the bird is larger you should probably spatchcock it to get it through the danger zone quicker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top